Objective: To obtain a position which will best utilize my application development experience while allowing challenges and growth utilizing newly
acquired Internet skills.
Education: PACE University, BS Computer Science and Mathematics January, 1988
New York, NY
Software: Web application development
Java Development Kit 1.2, Netscape Composer, FrontPage 2000
ALE, EDI, ABAP Workbench, Workflow, SAPscript, Mercator for R/3, OSS
C++, ABAP, COBOL, SAS, MANTIS, AS, FOCUS
FTP, Telnet, Unix scripting, RFC, Jetforms, NDM, Syncsort, JCL, DCL
AIX, SPARC, TSO/SPF, OS/MVS, CMS, VMS
Hardware: SUN Solaris
IBM RS6000, 3081, 3090, 4043
DEC 6081, ALPHA
HP 9000Pyramid RM600
Relevant Work Experience:
IBM Global Services March, 1996
Media, PA to present
Contract work performed at Hershey Foods Corporation, Whirlpool Corporation and IBM Corporation.
- Configured SAP for ALE and EDI IDoc processing. Logical systems were created for each client in an SAP instance, and each client wasassigned a logical system. Definition of the Distribution Model, Ports, RFC destinations and Partner Profiles were set up.
- Set up Workflow organizational model. Workflow was used to handle errors encountered when processing Idocs.
- Idoc extensions were created and implemented in order to handle the exchange of customer required data that was not available in the SAP delivered Idoc.
- Responsible for the installation and implementation of Mercator on the workstations and on the UNIX machine.
- Created UNIX directories for the Mercator objects and set up FTP processes for transferring those objects from a local machine to the UNIX machine.
- Wrote Hershey ALE/Mercator Development Standards documentation.
- Support PI team members in design of Mercator maps, Unix scripts and ABAP development.
- Act as liason between the PI team and the Basis team. Responsible for getting communication between two SUN Solaris Unix machines “talking” by directing the Basis team through the configuration required for Mercator executing on a non SAP machine.
- Responsible for designing the security profiles for SAP ALE Administrators and the PI Developers. Passed the design on to the Basis Security team for development of profiles and users.
- Design clean-up procedures for Mercator entities in the UNIX directories. Pass the design on to the Basis team for development of the process.
- Responsible for technical knowledge transfer to Hershey personnel.
- Wrote Hershey Development Naming Standards documentation.
- Designed, developed and tested the Material Data Conversion process via Mercator Maps and ALE IDoc processing.
- Recognized for individual and team contributions to Fast Track implementation.
- PI team member of IBM’s first successful ASAP Implementation project.
- Successful installation and implementation of the AutoCAD SAP interface; customized the interface screens, configured the SAP integration configuration tables, installed the AutoCAD integration software on each CAD workstation and set up each workstation with the ability to connect to SAP via CPIC.
- Wrote AutoCAD SAP integration position paper and script.
- Wrote AutoCAD SAP interface technical and end user documentation.
- Responsible for developing, testing and migrating custom A/P Bank Reconciliation applications.
- Developed and coded the SD Plant Sourcing Logic; the logic was placed in an SAP user exit. Customized Sourcing Logic tables were created and a table maintenance application was devised.
- Developed and supervised in the automation of master data loads and data conversion cutover plan; assisted client IT members in creating BDC sessions and data mappings.
- Aided functional consultants in repairing SAP application problems by researching OSS and applying fixes as appropriate.
- Acted as a liaison between the IT group and the SAP Consulting team for System Administration issues. On one occasion the SAP Message Server was disconnected from the system and it was recognized after an Installation Check was performed.
- Responsible for customizing all forms; modified SAP print programs and layout sets to deliver the required output. SAPscript knowledge was transferred to client IS personnel.
Contract work performed at Rubbermaid and W.W. Grainger Corporation.
Siemens Nixdorf Information Systems October, 1995
Burlington, MA to March, 1996
- Designed, coded, tested and installed the objects of a dynpro module pool using ABAP Workbench. Transaction ZICP was created as a front end processor for SAP transaction F-28. ZICP transaction checks the AR index on a Legacy invoice, and branches to the F-28 (Post Incoming Payments) transaction.
- Developed various report programs and variants.
- Responsible for configuring output determination processes.
- Set up text objects for online entry; the text was printed on various forms.
- Involved in analyzing the interface between R/3 and AVP to correct sales taxing problems. Taxes were not being calculated properly due to incorrect customer and/or material tax classifications.
CIS Corporation December, 1990
Pittsburgh, PA to October, 1995
- Designed, coded and tested ABAP report programs.
- Designed, coded and tested ABAP BDC applications.
- Customized A/P check print process by modifying SAP programs and layout sets.
- Provided analysis for data mapping between Legacy / SAP and ASK:ManMan / CONTROL:Manufacturing.
- Attended SAP Partner Academy for ABAP/4 training and certification.
- Developed and tested the interface application between the CONTROL:Manufacturing SFC module and Intermec's Data Flow Manager software, which collects shop floor data. The interface application receives one DFM transaction and converts it into multiple CONTROL:Manufacturing transactions, including the printing of material move tickets.
- Installed the VERTEX taxing system and implemented the interface that integrates the CONTROL:Manufacturing OMS and VERTEX.
- Developed screens and processors for online functionality in the CONTROL:Manufacturing and Financials systems.
- Designed, coded and tested Purchasing and Order Management forms utilizing Jetforms software, and interfaced the forms to CONTROL:Manufacturing applications.
- Wrote data conversion programs to load the CONTROL:Manufacturing SUPRA database via online-batch processing.
- Modified existing Legacy applications to access CONTROL:Manufacturing database files; TOTAL to SUPRA conversions.
- Responsible for training client IS personnel on CINCOM application standards.
- Responsible for developing a menu driven FOCUS system for PNC's Risk Management Department in an IBM/CMS environment. Update and display screens were designed, and a multi-segment Master File description was created.
Contract work performed at Elf Atochem, ICI Films, Crawford Industries, Buffalo Forge, Siemens Energy and Automation, Magnavox, Springs Industries and PNC.
MCI Telecommunications June, 1987
Rye Brook, NY to December, 1990
- Responsible for developing and implementing menu driven sales and revenue reporting system utilizing FOCUS in an IBM/TSO environment.
- Provided analytical and technical support for ad-hoc reporting utilizing COBOL, SAS, JCL and SYNCSORT.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on end user efficiency.
- Supported end users on an ongoing basis.
Self Study Experience:
- Completed self study HTML course including topics such as text formatting tags, lists, relative (inline & external) and absolute links, images, tables, frames, image maps, forms
- Created personal web presentation, consisting of multiple pages, using HTML
- Web presentation includes lists, images, links, tables and frames
- Completed self study Java programming course including utilizing Java Development Kit
- Completed self study C++ programming course
References: Available upon request.
Top of homepage